Excited. Overwhelmed. Joyful. Fearful. These are just a few of the emotions I’ve been feeling in recent months. Things have been incredibly busy in the ministry. We are seeing more patients than in the past; more complicated sicknesses and diseases. Yesterday we had to double up patients in the beds in our observation/admission area. There were just too many sick patients and not enough room for them. So here are some ways you can be praying:
- We’ve recently added some new staff members to the Village of Hope family. The demand has been more than what our staff could keep up with. Pray for the new employees as they join us in serving the poor and sick in our community. Pray for continued provision for the growing needs.
- Each month we continue to see more complicated cases. Pray for us to have divine wisdom in treating these patients. Pray that they will see the love of Christ in all that we say and do in our encounters with them.
- The demand for services is exceeding our facility space. Because of this we are preparing to begin offering some services at our new office in the village of Musembe. It’s about 10 minutes from the Village of Hope Medical Centre. This office is located on the property where our future hospital will be built. Community members are anxious for us to start providing services here. Pray for wisdom, energy, and provision as we take on a second location for providing patient care.
- Every day we see the need for the hospital to be built and opened. There is so much that we are grateful, and give thanks for. We have a great staff coming together. We have been blessed to already possess much of the equipment that will be needed. We already have three acres of land that can be developed. I often say that now we just need the building and the doctors! Pray that God will open the floodgates and provide the resources needed to begin construction on the hospital.
- Give thanks with us for the successful installation and rolling out of our new computerized system at the Village of Hope.
- This year we have a number of volunteers coming to serve alongside us. Ask the Lord to use them for his glory during their time serving with us.
- We so desire your daily prayers for our governing board, Kenyan staff, and volunteers. Please ask God to fill them with his spirit and use them for his glory. Pray for daily wisdom and discernment, for strength and energy, and for protection from attacks from the enemy.
Thank you for standing with us in prayer. We are honored to be serving here in Kenya and are so grateful for your support, prayers, and encouragement.