It’s been a long time since we’ve updated the blog, and even longer since we last posted prayer points. I’m sorry for the delay! The good news is that we have been busy, busy, busy, since the last post. God is on the move and we are so excited to see where He is taking Hope Matters. We will be posting more updates about what we have been up to soon.
Here are some ways you can be praying for us during this season:
- The Village of Hope Medical Centre has been very busy. We are seeing an average of 500 patients each month which is keeping our staff on their toes. Give thanks with us for the many lives who are being touched by the ministry. As word about our work gets out, we are seeing more complicated and highly unusual cases. Please pray as our staff needs wisdom on a daily basis on how to provide the best care, and when indicated, the most effective referral for each patient.
- We are quickly outgrowing our current building. God has opened the doors for us to purchase a piece of property very near to where we are currently renting. We are hoping to begin construction on a permanent medical centre building soon. We have only raised a portion of the funds that will be needed to construct the full building. Please pray for more financial provision so that we can begin this expansion soon.
- We are getting more and more requests to expand our maternal-child-health services. A few things need to come into place for us to be able to do this. Pray with us for the provision of the necessary resources to meet the huge needs we are seeing.
- Since we first opened in May of 2015, we have been working to register our facility with the ministry of health. This has been a long and challenging process. We are being encouraged to expand our services by local health officials, even as our paperwork is being held up. It is confusing as we know that they are aware of, and approve of, our work. But we still don’t have our full registration. This limits some of the services that we can provide. Please pray with us for this registration to be processed quickly and smoothly.
- Hope Matters owns a 3-acre piece of property in the village of Musembe. We are in the process of putting the finishing touches on our first building on that property. We currently have an agricultural cooperative of approximately 35 farmers who are meeting for training and agricultural support on a weekly basis. Pray for these farmers as they learn sustainable and practical ways to better care for their families.
- The Kiprop Family will be in California this December. Please pray for them to have safe travels, and for many opportunities to share about the work of Hope Matters. Pray that people’s hearts will be moved to partner with the ministry.
Please know that we pray for you as well. If you ever have prayer requests to share with us, please send them to email@example.com Our staff would love to pray for you!