In Swahili pole sana (pronounced pole-ay sauna) means very sorry. So let me say pole sana for getting this post up so late! But thank you for praying. Here are ways to pray this month:
- We have begun moving into the new Village of Hope Medical Centre! Give thanks for what has already been accomplished and continue to pray with us for what is ahead.
- Pray for the new staff to be united as a team and to serve their patients well, seeing them through the eyes of Christ.
- Medications and final basic supplies have been ordered. Pray that deliveries go smoothly and things can be put together in an orderly fashion.
- Pray that we can get our inspection scheduled soon and that we will pass it and be licensed to begin providing care.
- Our patient Ann will be traveling later this week to Tenwek Mission Hospital where she will be having her open heart surgery to replace two defective valves in her heart. Pray for her journey to go smoothly, wisdom and skilled hands for the doctors, and ultimately healing! Give thanks with us for the way God has provided the necessary funds through Hope Matters for her to get this life-saving surgery.
- The health course Michelle was teaching has wrapped up and she has finished grading final exams. The students performed very well in both practical and written finals. Give thanks for the knowledge they have learned and pray that they can utilize it in every day life.
- There are a number of volunteers in the USA and Canada who are preparing to come serve alongside of us in the coming months. Please pray for them as they raise funds and prepare their hearts to serve alongside of our Kenyan team.
- As always, every single day our entire team needs prayer for divine wisdom, strength, energy and renewed hope as we reach out to make a difference in the lives of East Africans.
Please feel free to let us know how we can be praying for you as well! We value each of our prayer and financial supporters and would love to pray with you over your needs and praises as well!