After several years of planning and fund-raising, we are pleased to announce that we have a large container of medical equipment and supplies making its way to us. The forty-foot container is on a ship that left port in Los Angeles on November 2nd. It should be arriving in Kenya towards the end of December.
Please pray with us for a safe journey for the cargo ship. Also be praying as we work now to get paperwork in order that will hopefully make getting the container through customs a little easier. We have heard that, that can be quite the headache. I was so blessed to see these pictures as the supplies we have been praying and waiting for were loaded and prayed over as they began their journey to us!
We recently broke ground on the Hope Matters property in Musembe. The new office is coming right along. And Kenya Power is running a line out to our property even as I type. We are very excited to see how God is going to be using this land in the days, months, and years to come!
Here are some ways you can be praying with us in November.
- We have been undergoing a registration process with the Kenyan Ministry of Health since before we opened the Village of Hope Medical Centre back in May. It looks like this month we may have some forward motion in moving towards getting our certification. Please pray for this process to continue to move forward and officials working on our registration to be favorable towards us.
- We are pleased to report that on November 2, 2015 our forty-foot cargo container full of medical equipment and supplies departed from Los Angeles. It is now working it’s way to us halfway around the world via cargo ship. Pray for safety in transit, and favor as we work to get documentation here in Kenya that will make clearing customs easier once the container arrives in late December.
- In October William Kiprop sustained a life-threatening injury which ultimately resulted in the loss of his left hand. He is doing much better now and continues to get stronger each day. We are exploring options for further therapy and prosthetics at this time. Give thanks with us for the gift of William’s life and God’s divine intervention in sustaining him and the entire Kiprop family during this time. Please pray for continued healing of body, heart, and mind as this is a huge loss.
- Please pray for our Hope Matters staff this month. Ask the Lord to strengthen and encourage them. Pray that they will be the hands and feet of Christ as they bring physical healing in our community.
- We have recently lost two special patients whom we had been caring for, for some time. Please pray for their families to be comforted a they grieve these deaths.
- Give thanks with us as we celebrate the breaking of ground on the Hope Matters property. Construction has been started on a small office and a platform for the container to be docked once it arrives.
Thank you for standing with us in prayer. We are blessed to have you along in this journey of ministry.