If someone stops breathing, there are only a few critical minutes available in which to save that person’s life. We at Hope Matters International have a desire to equip individuals with the life-saving skills of CPR. CPR trainings are an important part of how we are giving hope to communities in Kenya.
Up until now, these trainings have consisted of practicing CPR skills on pillows, dolls, or borrowed equipment because we didn’t have any manikins of our own. But because of a generous donation by Prestan, we can now offer our CPR students the opportunity to practice on high-quality, life-like manikins! Prestan donated four adult-size and four infant manikins to Hope Matters. What a huge blessing! These new tools will result in better CPR trainings, which will result in more lives saved.
A big thanks to Prestan for helping revolutionize our CPR program! We are so excited to put these manikins to work at our next CPR training in Kenya. Stay tuned for pictures!
Thank you to everyone who participated to make the Hope Matters Launch event a success! Many funds were raised for the work in Kenya! And much fun was had by all! On display was a small hospital room, complete with a real hospital bed representing the hope of medical supplies for the new medical center in Kenya. The evening included a special Swahili blessing and cake-cutting ceremony to celebrate the launch of this new ministry.
The silent auction and raffles were both a hit. We had some GREAT local community sponsors and some anonymous donors so that the entire evening was 100% supported with all proceeds from the silent auction and raffles going directly into the non-profit ministry. The people who attended were very generous as well. THANK YOU! The donations made that evening were seeds representing the hope that God will continue to bless and multiply this work.
One of the highlights of the evening included the blessing of having our entire USA board of directors present. Some had to travel quite a distance just to be there. William and Michelle Kiprop shared about how God is moving and at work in Kenya. The personal stories they shared were encouraging and reminded all present that there truly is HOPE for the hurting in Africa. Board president Mike Dyar also shared from his heart.
If you were unable to attend the launch event, please know that it is not too late to see the Kiprops while they are still in CA. They will be at an open house event in Alta Loma on Saturday November 16th. For more information please write to email@example.com
Prayer Points for Novmeber
- Give THANKS for a safe and smooth journey for the Kiprop family on their journey from the village in Kenya all the way to southern California. Ryan did much better on the long journey than we could have hoped for.
- THANK God for a fabulous and fun launch event on October 26th. We were so blessed by the many who turned out to stand with us as this baby organization takes its’ first steps.
- We have been blessed by the many who have already stepped forward and expressed a desire to support the ministry of Hope Matters both prayerfully and financially. THANK the Lord for these partners.
- One of the exciting things about this new ministry is that there is virtually no overhead expenses. The small expenses that we do have on the administrative side are being covered by a team of faithful donors. Praise God for these donors and PRAY with us that each and every need will be provided for. We have quite a ways to go in order to raise funds to cover both operational and capital expenses.
- William, Michelle and Ryan have a very busy schedule throughout the month of November. Please join us in PRAYING for their strength and energy as they share about the ministry in different venues. Also pray that the Lord would orchestrate the right meetings and bring the people of His choosing alongside us to partner in our work.
- Plans are in the works for a few special outreaches in December. We will be assisting some orphanages with health exams and treatments for the orphans. We also will be teaching a few courses and holding foot-clinics for children living in poverty. PRAY for the planning process and that the Lord would direct our steps.
Thank you for standing with us in prayer. Please know that we pray for our prayer and financial partners too! If you would like to contact us with a prayer request please write to firstname.lastname@example.org