On April 16, 2018 we officially broke ground, kicking off construction of the Village of Hope Hospital. To view a short video clip from this special ceremony, please click here. Please pray with us for God’s hand to be over this project from start to finish. Give thanks for the way he has already provided. Pray with us for daily wisdom, and for every need to be met along the way. Right now we are facing quite a bit of rain which is making progress slow. Please pray for favorable weather and safety on the job-site. Thank you for standing with us during this exciting season!
If you would like to support Hope Matters Financially, US tax-deductible donations can be made by clicking here.
After several years of planning and fund-raising, we are pleased to announce that we have a large container of medical equipment and supplies making its way to us. The forty-foot container is on a ship that left port in Los Angeles on November 2nd. It should be arriving in Kenya towards the end of December.
Please pray with us for a safe journey for the cargo ship. Also be praying as we work now to get paperwork in order that will hopefully make getting the container through customs a little easier. We have heard that, that can be quite the headache. I was so blessed to see these pictures as the supplies we have been praying and waiting for were loaded and prayed over as they began their journey to us!
We recently broke ground on the Hope Matters property in Musembe. The new office is coming right along. And Kenya Power is running a line out to our property even as I type. We are very excited to see how God is going to be using this land in the days, months, and years to come!
Well the summer is flying by here in Kenya. Here are some ways you can be praying for us this month and next:
- The Village of Hope Medical Centre is exploding with growth! Word is out that medical and laboratory services are available and the patient flow has been very high. Some days it’s hard for the providers to find time to grab a bite of lunch to eat! Give thanks for the many patients who are receiving care at the medical centre. Pray with us that the Lord will open doors for additional space and staff as we are already outgrowing our current facility and are in need of more hands to help treat the high volume of patients.
- We were extremely blessed by our Nursing Team from Kingsburg Community Church. They taught two courses of Helping Babies Breathe in which we saw 37 providers receive certification in this critical skill. Give thanks for all they accomplished and pray that the providers will not forget what they have learned, and that lives can be saved as a result of their training.
- Our next team is en-route to Kenya I type this. This team from Kingsburg Community Church will be involved in several major optometry/diabetes/hypertension outreaches. They have a very busy schedule during their time in Kenya and will be serving with us from the 21st through 28th of July. Pray that they will be strong and effective in their ministry.
- In August we will have an intern from Canada serving with us for two weeks to help our staff transition into an electronic form of patient record keeping. This is a huge undertaking! Pray for her and the staff as they take on this huge task.
- We have learned that the soonest our patient Ann might be able to have her open-heart surgery would be October. This is because of the level of complication to her case and the need for an American surgeon to perform the procedure. Her condition is deteriorating and I have some concerns whether or not she will be strong enough for surgery when fall comes. Please pray for God to be in the middle of this difficult situation.
- We have been blessed to have a major Hope Advocate named Kim taking on a huge task to benefit our ministry. She is running from the American/Canadian border all the way to Alaska to raise funds. You can read more about her journey here: Alaska or Bust! Please pray for her safety and success on this huge endeavor! Pray that her efforts will be fruitful and that our ministry in Kenya will be blessed.
- We are still trying to raise the funds needed to bring our shipment of medical supplies over to Kenya. As the health ministry is really taking off, it would be a huge advantage to have access to these supplies. Pray that the floodgates of heaven might be opened so that we can get this equipment shipped to us where it can be put to good use!
We value your prayers and support! Please let us know if there is any way that we can be praying for you this season! You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org Thanks!
Exciting things are happening in Kenya these days. Here are some ways you can be praying with and for us this month:
- We have exciting news! We are on the cusp of launching our new outpatient medical center. There are many, many, details and intricate parts that all need to come together for this to happen. Much has been accomplished, but we still have some hurdles to jump before we can open. Here are some specific ways you can pray:
- Give thanks for the big and small details that have already come together.
- We will be renting office-space in a brand new building. The owner has had some setbacks in completing final touches on the building. Please pray with us that the construction will be completed quickly and safely so that we might be able to move in soon.
- Pray for wisdom to select the right people as we hire several new employees who will work alongside Kitur and Michelle at the medical center.
- Before we can open our doors, we need to be licensed by the public health department to do so. We have had some great meetings with the health officer, but he cannot give final approval until the facility is set-up and goes through a final inspection. Please pray that we would not be delayed by any red-tape, but that the facility would meet approval and our license would be granted this month.
- We’ve recently shared on this blog about Ann, a young mother of four who needs open heart surgery. We are in the process of raising funds to help pay for her surgery (estimated cost is around $4,000). Please pray with us for the funds to be provided so that she can get the surgery in April. And of course pray for the surgery to be successful!
- Michelle has been teaching a basic health course at the ELI Training Center. The students have been a joy to work with and very receptive to the lessons. Give thanks for the success of this course and pray that the students will have a long-term, and wide-spread, impact from what they have learned.
- As always, every single day our entire team needs prayer for divine wisdom, strength, energy and renewed hope as we reach out to make a difference in the lives of East Africans.
Please feel free to let us know how we can be praying for you as well! We value each of our prayer and financial supporters and would love to pray with you over your needs and praises as well!